My most recent publications are:
- Journey Around my Study (2003), an auto-biography.
- My Sporting Career (2008), another autobiography, describing 26 different sports I have participated in over the years, with limited success, but much pleasure.
- 99 Doors (2008), a photographic essay and exploration of all kinds of doors (including The Doors, Diana Dors, the Bedford Dormobile, Dawes bikes, Tandoor ovens, Dorian Gray, etc.)
- 107 Days: The Planned Deconstruction of the Life of Tommy Moran (2008), a novel with Gothic, romantic and existential themes.
- Dear Josephine, Love Valentine (2008), another novel based on a series of old and new postcards.
- The Shopping List (2009), yet another novel - co-authored with Jessica Wilkin - a sort-of mixed-up romantic novel that starts in a supermarket trolley and ends....
- Collections ... and Collectors (2009), essays on their personal collections and collecting habits by Valentine M. Herman and Friends.
- Portrait of the Old Man as an Artist (2009), a slim but elegant book showcasing my water colour paintings.
- AD 2059: My Life in a Cardboard Box (2009), a series of essays by Valentine M Herman and Friends describing which of our most treasured possessions we would place in a cardboard box to be opened up in 50 years time.
- Le Must de Herman Mini Museum Catalogue and Guide (2010), a description of the exhibits in the Old Fountain Conceptual Artist and Writing Syndicate's Permanent Installation.
- Dicing With Death (2010), a photographic essay on dice and the numbers zero to five.
Please contact me if you are interested in them.
I have recently (2015) completed two 'accordion'-style fold-out books of Lino Print images.
The first is called 'I Ching Hexagrams', and contains 64 pages -- one for each of the I Ching Hexagrams.
The second book is called 'Fourty- Eight Distressed Flags
'. It has 48 pages, and, on each of these is a 'Distressed Flag'.
More Hexagrams and Distressed Flags can be seen in the Lino Prints section of this web-site.
I am currently writing a series of musical pieces for the Alto Recorder. More about these at a later stage.